- Summer Camp
- JOIN US
- Support WITS
There are currently no staff positions available.
Writers in the Schools is seeking reliable and passionate interns for the sping semester.
The following internships are currently available:
• Gain extensive experience in grant writing, research, event planning, relationship management, and administrative support.
• Develop professional writing experience for a variety of audiences.
• Provide substantial research on key projects
• Provide logistical and administrative support for donor events, including the annual Celebration of Story benefit and gala.
Public Relations and Marketing Internship:
• Develop the ability to write powerful stories that move people.
• Gain extensive experience in professional writing, website writing, blogging, social media, design, and event planning.
• Learn to coordinate an effective media, marketing, or outreach campaign.
• Provide marketing support for special events, including the Celebration of Story benefit.
We ask that interns commit to a minimum of 6 hours each week. Schedules are flexible, but must remain consistent.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to:
Alyssa Stephens, Communications Coordinator, at email@example.com
Applications are due Wednesday, January 15th, 2014.
WITS is always looking for writers and educators who can teach the joy of creative writing to young people. Employment is part-time, typically a half-day of teaching one day a week from September - May. A yearlong commitment is required.
The pay is $58 per teaching hour. In addition to teaching, the job duties include preparing lessons, responding to student work, and compiling anthologies of student writing at the end of the school year.
We look for writers with teaching or mentoring experience who can convey their passion for the written word in ways that are relevant for Houston area children. In particular, we are seeking bilingual writers, but others are encouraged to apply as well.
If you are interested in teaching with WITS, please complete our online application. In addition to the application, we ask that you include a cover letter, résumé with 3 references, and 10-page writing sample.
Applications for the 2013-2014 school year are due Monday, August 5, 2013.